Potatoes have skin. I have skin. Therefore, I am a potato. - Ask requested hope this surprises you

Want to join MV? Post here...

Moderator: Director

chinch_darine
MV Member
MV Member

Potatoes have skin. I have skin. Therefore, I am a potato. - Ask requested hope this surprises you

Post by chinch_darine »

** PLEASE USE THE BELOW TEMPLATE WHEN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION, BE SURE TO JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

PLEASE DELETE THE ABOVE BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION **

Main
Character Name: Chinch Darine
Skill Points: 106 mil
Origin(created/bought): Created

Alt.1
Character Name: Solera Drift
Skill Points: 26 mil

Alt.2
Character Name: Lunatic Darine
Skill Points: 57 mil

Alt.3
Character Name: Dakurum
Skill Points: 13 mil

Alt.4
Character Name: Lunar Shine
Skill Points: 20 mil

Alt.5
Character Name: CapStablePvP
Skill Points: 40 mil

Questions:

4. How did you hear about us?

Refered to yourself by HISCB

5. Why do you wish to join us? What can we expect from you? What do you expect from us?

Close ties with the people I still speak to within the game. I have had temp blue status in a couple of fights with NC on ops and you seem to be at most fights which is the main thing I'd expect, content. Don't expect it every day. You can expect someone who understands the main concepts of the game and who can look after theirself without need of a babysitter 24x7.

6. Do you know someone currently in MV that would vouch for you? Their name?

I do not

7. What do you like to do in EVE and why?

Large scale fights are what I find the most fun. Cap fights are incredible to be a part of especially when it's large scale.

8. What timezone are you?

UKTZ but I have a rotating shift pattern between nights and days so my actual TZ varies

9. How old are you?

10. How many hours a week do u play on average?

Just getting back into it but when I've played previously generally around 60+ hours a week

11. Have you've had any major breaks from the game? And if so, what was the reason(s) for it?

2-3. The first one was not long after I first joined. I didn't understand most of the game so left. Came back and started to understand much more and then left due to work and RL comitments. Then came back again and really got to grips with most things but had to stop due to work comitments again

12. What corps and alliances you have been a part of and why did you leave?

HISCB - The corp that taught me everything PvE related. Had a lot of fun here. Left when a bulk of members along with 2 directors left and went to join them but left shortly after due to making the wrong choice. Went on a break then returned to HISCB. Once back I craved more PvP so reached out to one of the former directors who had a low sec, small gang pvp corp and joined him

AoA/B.L.A.C.K. - Joined here after the bears when looking for more PvP. Quickly ended up doing a lot more for the corp over time to then being the main director in the corp aside from the CEO. We took SOV in gemi for a short while and flew with IED alot of the time which brought us in to larger ops with seige green and this is where I ran a few ops with temp blue status to NC. Again work required more attention so had to stop playing and in that time so did everyone else in the corp/alliance. Our CEO is now in NC.

13. What are your favorite ships to fly? How well can you fly them? Can you give us fitting examples? Would there be any ships like doctrine ships that would be an issue to fly?
(Especially about T3's, logi, caps)

My favourite ship to fly has to be the niddy. You can slate minmitar as much as you want but that rust bucket has caused me to have a lot of fun over the years. As for fits for it, anything hyperspatial as when running with only a couple of people if you get caught your dead so being able to move is a big thing. It's one of the reasons the niddy is my prefered over the thanny as you can still hyperspacial it up and have some tank.

There may be some ships that I have issues with flying but I would push to get into them asap.

I currenlty don't have 1500 kills only 1000. With small scale things being what I have done most I generally think I may have more experience than some pilots with 10000 kills who have only done large scale. When you fly small scale you don't just have to follow what your FC says you have to work together and think for yourself rather than just relying on someone else to tell you what to do.

14. Please link the zkillboard where we can find the best, most accurate stats for your pvp history.

https://zkillboard.com/character/93270158/

15. Tell us about your overall fleet experience? IE large scale, small scale.

Think I've covered most of that above.

16. Have you ever been an FC and if so what kind of fleets did you do?

Yes, small gang fleets on small roams. Have done for a couple of ops for structures but no one came to defend so not really a great deal of FC experience.

17. Do you have a super? If so can you also fly a fax on a separate alt?

Somewhere.... I think.... But yes I do have a seperate FAX alt

18. Have you previously been involved in any large-scale capitals fleet fights while in a capital ship?

Only with siege green where it was mainly dreads that I was piloting and the occasional carrier.

19. IF applicable, why should the corp overlook any deficiencies?

Explained in question 13 :)

Any questions feel free to ask

murderdeathkill
MV Member
MV Member

Re: Potatoes have skin. I have skin. Therefore, I am a potato. - Ask requested hope this surprises you

Post by murderdeathkill »

chinch_darine wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:55 pm

My favourite ship to fly has to be the niddy. You can slate minmitar as much as you want but that rust bucket has caused me to have a lot of fun over the years. As for fits for it, anything hyperspatial as when running with only a couple of people if you get caught your dead so being able to move is a big thing. It's one of the reasons the niddy is my prefered over the thanny as you can still hyperspacial it up and have some tank.
Please expand on this, I'm not sure I understand the concept of putting hyperspacial accelerators on a combat/pvp niddy. Are you referring to the rig slots or the low slots? Please share a fit (any, it doesn't have to be the niddy) and an example of an optimal situation to use the ship and the advantages of the aspects of the fit and why it works for that situation. If you can evidence this with examples from your killboard that would be bonus points from me.

Looking forward to reading your reply.

MDK

chinch_darine
MV Member
MV Member

Re: Potatoes have skin. I have skin. Therefore, I am a potato. - Ask requested hope this surprises you

Post by chinch_darine »

Here's one I can find - https://zkillboard.com/kill/71614192/

And yeah just getting back into the game and words are difficult... I meant inertia stabbed. Most of the time we was 500-600km from the gate. Most people would actually just try to burn to you rather than probe you so being able to move around different pings was good. Granted 99/100 it didn't actually result in any kills. Doing it this way I never actually lost a carrier. The only time I've ever lost a carrier was when my mouse broke. I was alligned out but my mouse was sometimes double clicking so as I was moving my screen around I actually signalled a move command. So by the time we had actually got all the pointing fighters off me and I went to warp nothing happened. Caused a lot of laughs to say the least.... BR below

https://zkillboard.com/related/30002475/201806100600/

murderdeathkill
MV Member
MV Member

Post by murderdeathkill »

chinch_darine wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:13 pm
Here's one I can find - https://zkillboard.com/kill/71614192/

And yeah just getting back into the game and words are difficult... I meant inertia stabbed. Most of the time we was 500-600km from the gate. Most people would actually just try to burn to you rather than probe you so being able to move around different pings was good. Granted 99/100 it didn't actually result in any kills. Doing it this way I never actually lost a carrier. The only time I've ever lost a carrier was when my mouse broke. I was alligned out but my mouse was sometimes double clicking so as I was moving my screen around I actually signalled a move command. So by the time we had actually got all the pointing fighters off me and I went to warp nothing happened. Caused a lot of laughs to say the least.... BR below

https://zkillboard.com/related/30002475/201806100600/
yeah OK, I can dig that, coming back can be tough.

+1 internets for the post title from me.