GlowingBulb - Returning after ~10 years?

RECRUITMENT CURRENTLY OPEN

Moderators: plain213, Director

glowingbulb

GlowingBulb - Returning after ~10 years?

Post by glowingbulb »

Main
Character Name: GlowingBulb
Skill Points: 55M
Origin(created/bought): Created
zKill Link: https://zkillboard.com/character/1147493156/

Alt.1
Character Name: GungHoJo
Skill Points: 39M (Thanatos alt)
Origin(created/bought): Bought, cant remember from who, probably sometime in 2009
zKill Link: https://zkillboard.com/character/1793863564/

Alt.2
Character Name: SonnenKinder
Skill Points: 3M
zKill Link: https://zkillboard.com/character/587450029/

Alt.3
Character Name: Gimpy McLimpy
Skill Points: 1.6M
zKill Link: no link available

Questions:

4. How did you hear about us?
I used to be a member of MV between 2010 - 2012

5. Why do you wish to join us?
As above, I used to be a member of MV for a few years, a long time ago. I had a good time & experienced what it was like to be part of a bigger corp in a large alliance.
What can we expect from you?
A lot of questions to begin with - Today I logged into Eve for the 1st time in over a decade when I noticed that it was free for a basic account. A lot has changed & I've forgotten most of what I knew. I could be tempted to get back into the game if I had some support in starting again (I need knowledge & advice, not hand-outs & free assets)
What do you expect from us?
Advice, mentoring, patience, regular PVP & a fun atmosphere to spend my time in

6. Do you know someone currently in MV that would vouch for you? Their name?
Unfortunately not, perhaps somebody from my time here previously may remember me / my name..?

7. What do you like to do in EVE and why?
I used to enjoy PVP although my KB will disagree with that, some of the best / most infuriating experiences in Eve were during large fleet fights (if the node didn't crash & you managed to jump into a system without appearing in your egg or back at the station).

8. What timezone are you?
UK

9. How old are you?
Too old for this really - 47 :o

10. How many hours a week do u play on average?
Zero at the moment - from memory, Eve was a huge time-sink to learn & without access to other "capsuleers" that know this version of the game I doubt I'd have the patience to start again. If I managed to get back in to Eve, probably a few hours each night.

11. Have you've had any major breaks from the game? And if so, what was the reason(s) for it?
I stopped playing Eve, sold most of my assets & logged out of my Thanatos in 2012. I got bored of either spinning my ship in a station or killing NPC's. I was very surprised to learn that all of my characters & remaining assets were still within Eve, I would have assumed that I would have been purged from the servers after so long.

12. What corps and alliances you have been a part of and why did you leave?
MM / MV for the majority of my time, I have been in smaller corps also, mainly as they seemed more active with PVP fleets

13. What are your favourite ships to fly? How well can you fly them? Can you give us fitting examples? Would there be any ships like doctrine ships that would be an issue to fly?
(Especially about T3's, logi, caps)
From memory I can fly all of the standard BS & fit the mandatory fleet loadouts. I think I can fly some T3 ships (Tengu perhaps?) HIC's & logi's.
I don't think my memory is good enough to list any ship fits from over 10 years ago - is Eve Fitting Tool still a thing? I also expect that in the last decade the modules etc will have been rebalanced that many times that a decade old Megathron / 'Geddon / Raven load-out would not be very relevant these days.

I can bring a Drake if needed though..?

14. Tell us about your overall fleet experience? IE large scale, small scale.
I attended every CTA when I was available during my time with MM / MV, I took some time to also fly in smaller fleets looking for surprise PVP when I had the opportunity. I was also privileged to be a member for Fairlight Corp (Rooks & Kings) for a short time who were (in my opinion) probably the best technical PVP group in Eve. Unfortunately R&K's most active times were not the same as mine so I spun my ship in station again.

15. Have you ever been an FC and if so what kind of fleets did you do?
Not really, just a few small scale roaming gangs in throw-away ships

16. Do you have a super? If so can you also fly a fax on a separate alt?
I don't own a super & have not trained for it, I could do though... What is a FAX?!?

17. Have you previously been involved in any large-scale capitals fleet fights while in a capital ship?
No & when I've been involved in large capital battles, my damage hasn't been registered on the killmails :sadpanda:

18. IF applicable, why should the corp overlook any deficiencies?
I could become another reliable small cog in the big machine, I don't think I have any deficiencies although I'm probably an unknown which could be viewed as a problem I guess?
pakokkie

Re: GlowingBulb - Returning after ~10 years?

Post by pakokkie »

It seems you will be one of the younger members of MV. Be glad that you can't smell most members via internet.
glowingbulb

Post by glowingbulb »

Happy to hear the "4D with aroma experience" hasn't been included with Discord, yet...
ragzs

Post by ragzs »

Hi there, glad to hear you are looking at coming back to EVE.

EVE is in a really good place right now, lots of activity, lots of things to do etc. CCP have really been trying lately.

It seems you have been gone for a very long time......i'm assuming that alot of our doctrines you will not be able to fly without some focused training etc.

How do you feel about flying small stuff that is NEEDED in every fleet? dictors, interceptors, fast tackle, scouting etc?
How do you feel about flying logi? that is another thing that is always needed and is relatively a quick train that will fit with every doctrine we fly
glowingbulb

Post by glowingbulb »

Hi ragzs,

I took a look at my mains skills today & couldn't understand why I wasn't able to fly T2 & T3 - I was sure I used to. Seems that the free version (Alpha?) nerfed a lot of my lvl5 skills. I had enough ISK left on my account to buy a 14day Plex & suddenly I've got access to flying some of the more interesting ships.

I can fly recon, logi's, Dic's & Hic's, even fast tackle / webs which are just as important as more dps to the fleet - happy to help anywhere I could.

I'll need to have a look at the new skills needed to effectively fit out each ship, I used to be able to do most up to BS but lots of new skills have come out where currently I'll have 0 SP. Won't take too long to train up to lvl4 in each I guess
ch_angch_ang

Post by ch_angch_ang »

Hey can you join us on discord https://discord.gg/EQ32C4f
glowingbulb

Post by glowingbulb »

Hi Ch_ang,

Thanks, I will do later, just rebuilding a laptop to run Eve on for when I'm home office.

I was in the middle of 79 jump trip from lowsec to where I left my carrier before the server shut down, I was certain I'd logged off undocked back in 2012 but according to my asset list that might be wrong & I'm in a station.

Need to check local before I log in... as its an alt account that's alpha I'm concerned that I'll get ejected from the ship as I may have had the required skills nerfed until I upgrade